Re: Additional Chapter for Tutorial

От Jürgen Purtz
Тема Re: Additional Chapter for Tutorial
Дата
Re: Additional Chapter for Tutorial
Список pgsql-docs
On 01.09.20 23:30, Peter Eisentraut wrote:
> It is mostly advanced low-level information that is irrelevant for
> someone starting up,

That applies only to the VACUUM chapter. VACUUM and AUTOVACUUM are
controlled by a lot of parameters. Therefor the current documentation
concerning the two mechanism spreads the description across different
pages (20.4, 25.1, VACUUM command). Because of the structure of our
documentation that's ok. But we should have a summary page somewhere -
not necessarily in the tutorial.

> the most part the information just duplicates what is already
> explained elsewhere.

That is the nature of a tutorial respectively a summary.

--

J. Purtz