Re: [GENERAL] Copy database to another host without data fromspecific tables

От Condor
Тема Re: [GENERAL] Copy database to another host without data fromspecific tables
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On 07-03-2017 09:02, Panagiotis Atmatzidis wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I have 2 RDS instances on AWS running PSQL 9.4.7.
>
> I want to make a clone of database1 which belongs to user1, to
> database2 which belongs to user2. Database1 has 20+ tables. I want to
> avoid copying the DATA sitting on 5 tables on database1 (many Gigs).
>
> I've read one too many posts about how to perform the actions with
> "pg_dump" and "pg_restore" but I'm trying to figure out the easiest
> way to do this. The process I have in mind is this:
>
> 1) pg_dump the schema from DB1 to DB2 using --no-owner and pg_restore
> with --role=user2
> 2) pg_dump -Fc --no-owner --data-only -t 'table1' from DB1 and then
> restore with pg_restore -t 'table' --role=user2 <table.sql> to DB2
>
> This procedure though is very time consuming (although it could be
> scripted). Is there any better / faster / safer way to do this?
>
> Thanks.
>
> --
> Panagiotis (atmosx) Atmatzidis
>
> email:    atma@convalesco.org
> GnuPG ID: 0x1A7BFEC5
> gpg --keyserver pgp.mit.edu --recv-keys 1A7BFEC5
>
> "Everyone thinks of changing the world, but no one thinks of changing
> himself.” - Leo Tolstoy

Hello,

I do it with shell script, here is it:

#!/bin/sh

for table in a_tbl ab_tbl some_other_tbl
do
         echo $table
         psql -U data -h 192.168.1.152 second_db -c "TRUNCATE $table;"
         /usr/bin/pg_dump -U postgres --no-tablespaces --no-owner -a -b
-t $table first_db | psql -U data -h 192.168.1.152 second_db
done

# line bellow removing some data that should not be on backup.
psql -U data -h 192.168.1.152 second_db -c 'UPDATE a_tbl SET upss =
DEFAULT;'

My servers are in local network. Of course for this way you need to
create table structure on second_db that is the same on master.
Because I use it for backup only, I dont have index on second_db and
process is fast.

Regards,
Hristo S

Сообщение: Re: [GENERAL] Copy database to another host without data fromspecific tables
Сообщение: Re: [GENERAL] Copy database to another host without data fromspecific tables