Re: pgsql: SQL-standard function body

От Peter Eisentraut
Тема Re: pgsql: SQL-standard function body
Дата
Список pgsql-committers
On 08.04.21 01:06, Tom Lane wrote:
>> On 2021-04-07 19:53:35 +0000, Peter Eisentraut wrote:
>>> SQL-standard function body
>
>> This is turning the BF red:
>> https://buildfarm.postgresql.org/cgi-bin/show_log.pl?nm=rhinoceros&dt=2021-04-07%2022%3A52%3A19
>> Might be force_parallel_mode=regress related.
>
> Yeah.  On my machine, it's fine without force_parallel_mode and
> crashes with that.  Looks like query text is not getting passed
> to the parallel worker in some cases.

There does not appear to be any indication in CreateQueryDesc() or for
es_sourceText that the query source text needs to be not NULL (unlike
PortalDefineQuery() for example).  If we want that to be the case, an
assert in CreateQueryDesc() would be a straightforward way to catch
this.  But for example code in CreateExecutorState() and
executor_errposition() is prepared to have es_sourceText be NULL, so
relative to that, the fix that Andres put into ExecInitParallelPlan() to
handle that as well seems appropriate.