RE: [INTERFACES] MSAccess and primary keys

От Michael J Davis
Тема RE: [INTERFACES] MSAccess and primary keys
Дата
Список pgsql-interfaces
Make sure the "Recognize Unique Indexes" flag is turned on in the PostgreSQL
ODBC driver.
-----Original Message-----From:    leif@danmos.dk [SMTP:leif@danmos.dk]Sent:    Saturday, May 15, 1999 2:35 AMTo:
pgsql-interfaces@postgreSQL.orgSubject:   [INTERFACES] MSAccess and primary keys

 [Sorry for reposting this, the subject got garbled.]

   Hello,
  I have a rather anoying problem. I am linking a quite largeM$Access application to a PostgreSQL database with a a lot
ofrelations(primary keys/foreign keys). In all my tables I havecreated primary keys (to keep M$Access happy ;-).
Unfortunately,whenI link my application to the database, Access asks me foreach and every table (there are more than 80
ofthem) what Iwant to use for unique index field. I thought the primary keyspec would do just that?

  All tables are designed like the one below:

create table globalafvigelse   (    id serial ,    startdato date,    slutdato date,    dagskema varchar(50),
primarykey (globalafvigelse)   );

    Greetings,
  Leif  (leif@danmos.dk)