RE: [INTERFACES] I am new to this

От Michael J Davis
Тема RE: [INTERFACES] I am new to this
Дата
Список pgsql-interfaces
What do you mean when you say 'Also I gave full permission to anyone
to access my Data Base on the Unix server'?  Does this mean you executed a
"grant all to public on table_name" for all database objects (tables, views,
indexes, etc)?  Since Access97 is working, this would imply that hba.conf is
configured correctly.  I assume you are running Access97 and your VB
application from the same machine.  You will either need to provide more
details and/or a copy of your psqlodbc log file.
-----Original Message-----From:    Khristos I. Khoury [SMTP:ikhoury@user1.stritch.edu]Sent:    Friday, May 07, 1999
9:17AMTo:    pgsql-interfaces@postgreSQL.orgSubject:    RE: [INTERFACES] I am new to this

Dome that already, no luck. Any other ideas?
On Fri, 7 May 1999, Michael J Davis wrote:
> Turn on logging in the PostgreSQL ODBC driver and take a look in> c:\psqlodbc????.log after the error.  This will
showwhat is

happening when> the error occurs.> >     -----Original Message----->     From:    Khristos I. Khoury
[SMTP:ikhoury@user1.stritch.edu]>    Sent:    Thursday, May 06, 1999 9:33 PM>     To:
pgsql-interfaces@postgreSQL.org>    Subject:    [INTERFACES] I am new to this> >     Greetings,>     I am new to this
andhave very short time to complete this

project,> so>     please excuse  me if I this question has been asked before.>     My situation:>     I installed
Postgresson Unix FreeBSD server 3.0 created a

data> base.>     I can access data base from Microsoft Access97 with and
update with> no>     problems.  My project is to use Visual Basic 5.0 and be able
to link> to my>     data base on the Unix server and upate information.>     The problem I having is that VisData
(VisualData Manager) I

see a>     user:admin shwoing on the bottom left of the screen and
everything> is Read>     Only. I checked The ODBC properties and made sure that
ReadOnly was>     unchecked. Also I gave full permission to anyone to access
my Data> Base on>     the Unix server. >     The question is what am I missing that is holding me from
updating?>     I tried in the option Worksapce to enter my username and
password on> the>     Unix server Data Base to connect but it will not accept
it..!!>     Any help will be appreciated.> > > >     Khristos I  Khoury>     ikhoury@user1.stritch.edu> >     >