min() and max() causing aborts

От Michael Davis
Тема min() and max() causing aborts
Дата
Re: [HACKERS] min() and max() causing aborts  (Bruce Momjian <maillist@candle.pha.pa.us>)
Список pgsql-hackers
I pulled the latest version of the source tree yesterday and complied
PosgtreSQL 6.5.  The get the following error on any select statement
containing min() and max():

mp=> select max(addressid) from addresses;
pqReadData() -- backend closed the channel unexpectedly.       This probably means the backend terminated abnormally
beforeor

while processing the request.
We have lost the connection to the backend, so further processing is
impossible.  Terminating.

I am running Red Hat 5.1.

FYI, I also noticed failures in the regressions tests for int2 and int4 and
some others (int8 was okay).  I did not dig very deep into this but the only
error I could see with int2 and int4 occurred when the value that was being
inserted into the table was too large for the field.  For example, inserting
100000 into an int2 field.

Thanks, Michael