Additional requests for version 6.5

От Michael Davis
Тема Additional requests for version 6.5
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
The list of enhancements for version 6.5 is amazing.  My thanks to everyone
for the support they are giving this database.  I am finding a pleasure to
work with PostgreSQL.  Please excuse me for bringing these two issues up
again but they are still cause me some problems:

1)    if a C function call in a SQL statement contains a null parameter
value, the C function returns NULL.   I would like to be able to accept a
NULL parameter value in my C function and still return a value. The plpgsql
language supports this.  I am wondering if the C interface could work the
same way the plpgsql language works and allow null values to be converted to
non null values.

2)    Access 97 is generating the following SQL statement: 'select
"orderlines"."orderlinesid" from "orderlines" where (NULL = "orderid")'.
This fails in PostgreSQL and causes an error in my Access97 application.
This happens when I try an insert a new record using a form that contains a
parent child relationship on orders and orderlines.  What are others doing
to work around this problem?  One suggested work around was the following
enhancement to gram.y:
| NULL_P '=' a_expr                                {       $$ = makeA_Expr(ISNULL,
NULL, $3,NULL); }
I have made this enhancement to my version 6.4.2 and it solved my
problem.  I would like to see this issue resolved in version 6.5 of
PostgreSQL?

Thanks, Michael