RE: [GENERAL] permissions problem

От Michael Davis
Тема RE: [GENERAL] permissions problem
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
The following appears to have fixed my problems:

        INSERT INTO pg_group VALUES ('dba', 1);

The 1 seems to be the trick.

    -----Original Message-----
    From:    Michael Davis
    Sent:    Friday, March 05, 1999 4:15 PM
    To:    'pgsql-hackers@postgreSQL.org'; pgsql-general@postgreSQL.org
    Subject:    [GENERAL] permissions problem

    I create a group:

        INSERT INTO pg_group VALUES ('dba');

    I create the following user:

    CREATE USER admin IN GROUP dba;

    Next:

    grant all on table_name to GROUP dba;
    select * from pg_class where relname = 'table_name';

    Psql aborts with the following error:

        ERROR:  parser: parse error at or near ";"
        mp=> select *  From pg_class where relname = 'status';;
                This probably means the backend terminated
abnormally before
    or while processing the request.
        We have lost the connection to the backend, so further
processing is
    impossible.  Terminating.

    Any ideas on what could be causing this and/or how to work around
it?  I am
    running 6.4.2 on linux Red Hat 5.1.

    Thanks, Michael