RE: [GENERAL] Tree structure

От Michael Davis
Тема RE: [GENERAL] Tree structure
Дата
Список pgsql-general
You could try select spaces(pointer::int4) || Number;  Where spaces() is a
function that inserts "pointer" number of spaces (or dashes if you want to
create your own function).  Not sure if spaces() exists in Postgres or not,
but it seems I read about it or a similar function somewhere.

    -----Original Message-----
    From:    Kaare Rasmussen [SMTP:kar@webline.dk]
    Sent:    Friday, February 26, 1999 1:06 AM
    To:    pgsql-general@postgreSQL.org
    Subject:    [GENERAL] Tree structure

    I can't figure this one out. I need a tree structure like this

    Number  Pointer
    1            0
    2            1
    3            1
    4            2
    5            0
    6            1
    7            5

    This should somehow show up like this
    Number
    1
    2
    4
    3
    6
    5
    7

    The whole excercise is because I'd like to show a tree structure:

    1
    - 2
    - - 4
    - 3