RE: [INTERFACES] fetchrow reset???

От Michael Davis
Тема RE: [INTERFACES] fetchrow reset???
Дата
Список pgsql-interfaces
With ODBC and Informix I had to create two different database connections,
even though you are connecting to the same database.

    -----Original Message-----
    From:    Kevin Meldorf [SMTP:kmeldorf@magnitudenetwork.net]
    Sent:    Thursday, February 25, 1999 5:43 PM
    To:    'pgsql-interfaces@postgresql.org'
    Subject:    [INTERFACES] fetchrow reset???

    I have a perl script in which I have 2 while loops that are nested.
    I am comparing the rows of the outer loop against rows of the inner
    loop.

    while (@stuff = $foo->fetchrow)
    {
       yadda yadda yadda

        while (@otherstuff= $otherfoo->fetchrow)
        {
            yadda yadda yadda
        }
    }

    Whenever I reach the end of the inner loop, I can't get it to go to
    the beginning of $otherfoo. I need to be able to reset the object so
    can take the next row from the outerloop and check it against the
entire
    inner loop structure again. How do I do this????

    I have tried reset amongst a bunch of other attempted hacks, but
nothing
    works!

    HELP!