RE: [GENERAL] Checkboxes on MSAccess and PostgreSQL

От Michael Davis
Тема RE: [GENERAL] Checkboxes on MSAccess and PostgreSQL
Дата
Список pgsql-general
I wrote a function that takes a boolean parameter and returns int2.

    -----Original Message-----
    From:    Valerio Santinelli [SMTP:tanis@mediacom.it]
    Sent:    Wednesday, February 24, 1999 1:10 PM
    To:    Michael Davis
    Cc:    pgsql-general@postgreSQL.org
    Subject:    Re: [GENERAL] Checkboxes on MSAccess and PostgreSQL

    That's the same thing I did today to get rid of the boolean problem.
Now I've
    got another one ;)
    I want to use my data contained in the table filled with boolean
stuff and I'd
    like to convert all the booleans to int2. I know there's a way to do
that by
    doing something like:

    INSERT INTO mynewtable SELECT field1, field2, (booleanfield='t'),
field3,...
    FROM myoldtable;

    but "(booleanfield='t')" gives another boolean value. I think I
should typecast
    it into an int2 but I don't know how to do that since there isn't a
function
    liek a bool_to_int2.
    Any ideas ?

    Michael Davis wrote:

    > I defined my Access boolean fields as int2 in Postgres.  This, in
    > combination with removing the "Bools as Char" flag in the ODBC
driver
    > appears to work.  However, I have not been able to much testing.

PostgreSQL

    >         Jose' Soares wrote:
    >
    >         > Valerio Santinelli wrote:
    >         > >
    >         > > First of all.. thanks to everybody for helping me out
witht the
    >         > > "sequence" stuff. :)
    >         > >
    >         > > I've got another questions for you dudes.  When using
a CheckBox
    > in a
    >         > > Form written in MSAccess that's related to a table in
    >         > > PostgreSQL database, if I simply turn its status from
ON to OFF
    > it works
    >         > > fine, while if i'm doing the opposite it won't work.
    >         > >
    >         > > I noticed that when exporting the table from MSAccess
    > PostgreSQL the
    >         > > "yes/no" fields all became char(1) and not boolean..
maybe this
    > could be
    >         > > the problem.
    >         > >
    >         > > I also noticed from the logs that when updating the
status from
    > ON to
    >         > > OFF the UPDATE goes out with something like
field_name='0'
    >         > > I'm not sure it should use the "'" since it's more
like a
    > numerical, no
    >         > > ?
    >         > >
    >         > > Thanks again,
    >         > >
    >         > > Valerio Santinelli
    >         > > tanis@mediacom.it
    >         >
    >         > You have to uncheck "Bools as Char" on Advanced options
Driver on

    --

    C'ya!

    Valerio Santinelli a.k.a. TANiS