RE: [HACKERS] Transaction logging

От Michael Davis
Тема RE: [HACKERS] Transaction logging
Дата
Re: [HACKERS] Transaction logging  (jwieck@debis.com (Jan Wieck))
Список pgsql-hackers
Your getting me excited about 6.5.  Is there a projected release date for
6.5?  Is there any information on transaction logging?  Is there anything I
can do to help?  I am curious about these items because they will make my
life much easier in the upcoming months as I migrate my application to
Postgres.  Working around these could be very difficulty or near impossible.
-----Original Message-----From:    Bruce Momjian [SMTP:maillist@candle.pha.pa.us]Sent:    Tuesday, February 23, 1999
8:02PMTo:    Michael DavisCc:    pgsql-general@postgreSQL.org; pgsql-hackers@postgreSQL.orgSubject:    Re: [GENERAL]
Transactionlogging

> What would it take to have transaction logging added to Postgres.
I am a> c/c++ programmer and will consider contributing to the Postgres
development> effort.  I really like everything I see and read about Postgres.
As a> result, I am strongly considering Postgres as the database engine
for my> Membership database application.  My customer is willing to invest
in a> commercial database, but most of the commercial databases I have
briefly> looked at fall a little short in one way or another.  I have
several> concerns/needs that I am willing to implement and/or support:> >     - Outer join support in views
In the works.  Perhaps for 6.5, probably not.
> >     - Transaction logging> >     - Some form of mirroring, shadowing, or replication> >     - The current locking
mechanismis of some concern.  I need

to make> sure that one user can read a record and then a second can read
and update> that same record.
MVCC locking in 6.5.  Will do what you need.> >     - If the first user attempts to update that record, what
happens?
Hard to explain.  Will wait or update a copy while read's use an
oldercopy fo the row.

--   Bruce Momjian                        |  http://www.op.net/~candle  maillist@candle.pha.pa.us            |  (610)
853-3000 +  If your life is a hard drive,     |  830 Blythe Avenue  +  Christ can be your backup.        |  Drexel
Hill,Pennsylvania

19026

От: Bruce Momjian
Сообщение: Re: [HACKERS] inet data type regression test fails
От: Bruce Momjian
Сообщение: Re: [HACKERS] Transaction logging