Re: Security information page

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Security information page
Дата
Список pgsql-www
"Magnus Hagander" <mha@sollentuna.net> writes:
>> Personally I think we shouldn't make the latter
>> claim, anyway: for example, whether COALESCE(NULL, NULL)
>> dumping core (fixed in 8.0.3) is a "security issue"
>> is often in the eye of the beholder.

> If we (the PGDG) beleive that is a security issue, it should be on the
> list. And it should be back-patched to other stable branches - has this
> been done?

    * src/backend/optimizer/util/: clauses.c (REL7_4_STABLE), clauses.c
    (REL8_0_STABLE), clauses.c: Make constant-folding produce sane
    output for COALESCE(NULL,NULL), that is a plain NULL and not a
    COALESCE with no inputs.  Fixes crash reported by Michael
    Williamson.

It wasn't back-patched further because earlier versions don't have the
bug.

In general, I think we consider any potential server core dump to be a
security issue, if it can be provoked by unprivileged users.  Even if
it's not exploitable in any other way, denial-of-service is still a
security concern.

            regards, tom lane

В списке pgsql-www по дате отправления: