Re: pgsql: Refactor all TAP test suites doing connection checks

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: pgsql: Refactor all TAP test suites doing connection checks
Дата
Список pgsql-committers
I wrote:
> Well, since it's a race condition it's obviously going to be sensitive to
> machine speed.  I think that Perl version, or more likely version of
> IPC::Run or a related module, may enter into it too.  prairiedog has
> gotten through the tests several times since yesterday without failing,
> yet it's significantly slower than the other PPC Mac I was able to
> consistently reproduce the problem on.  I don't think those two have
> the same vintage of Perl installation, though, so Perl version seems
> like a likely explanation.

Just for the archives' sake:

prairiedog (passed 3 out of 3 tries):
450MHz PPC32
Perl 5.8.3
$ perl -MIPC::Run -e 'print $IPC::Run::VERSION ."\n";'
0.79
(file dates on the IPC::Run files are 2004)

gaur (failed 1 out of 1 tries):
360MHz HPPA
Perl 5.8.9
IPC::Run 0.94 (file dates 2014)

my other PPC Mac (failed consistently, 10 out of 10):
1.33GHz PPC32
Perl 5.8.8
IPC::Run 20180523.0

Not sure what to make of that, though a regression in IPC::Run
seems possible.  It's also possible that buildfarm script (the
first two) versus manual invocation (the last) is related somehow.