Re: Follow-up on "Query tool layout issues"

От Dave Page
Тема Re: Follow-up on "Query tool layout issues"
Дата
Список pgadmin-hackers
On Sat, Mar 6, 2010 at 5:22 PM, Guillaume Lelarge
<guillaume@lelarge.info> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Dave found some issues on the layout of the query tool. They are on a
> few mails, so I thought I'll answer to all of them in a new thread.
>
> Here is the list of issues, and my answers:
>
>> I just went to add a server in a pgAdmin build from SVN trunk and
>> noticed that the new colour selector doesn't work so well on Mac.
>
> This is an issue with the wxColourPickerCtrl widget I used. So, after
> some discussions, I went on to code my own colour picker widget. You'll
> find it in the 1_ctlColourPicker.patch file. It adds the new widget and
> replace every wxColourPickerCtrl with a ctlColourPicker.

OK, sounds good.

>> The connection drop-down has become rather ugly (the button doesn't
>> line up vertically), and requires scrolling even for a tiny list.
>
> Not yet worked on it. I also have the issue on Linux and Mac OS X.

OK.

>> The left-hand margin is the same colour as the text area now. Can we
>> make it gray again please?
>
> Already send a patch for this. I updated it to work with the new
> ctlColourPicker widget. See 2_margin.patch.

Yup.

>> The buttons to the right of the recent queries combo are not lined up with it.
>
> Already fixed (revision 8199, http://code.pgadmin.org/trac/changeset/8199).

:-)

>> The Query tool looks good now, but I get a crash if I try to open the
>> Options dialogue:
>
> I suppose this is fixed since your xrcDialogs.cpp commit?

Yes.

>> - Only add a query to the list is it executes without an error,
>> otherwise it will get spammed with non-functional queries and typos.
>> - You can probably remove the 'Current' from 'Delete Current' and save
>> some space. I think current is implied by the fact that the other says
>> 'all'.
>
> See 3_miscquery.patch. It didn't need an update since last time.

Yup., that was working fine.

>> BTW, on OSX, the tabset overflows the width of the dialogue now. Can
>> we widen the dialogue, and perhaps move all the colour options onto
>> one tab?
>
> I need to add 50% of the size of the dialog to get something good
> enough. You'll find another patch for this, but I'll need to do better.
> The dialog is usable with this patch, but it's not pretty. I'll work
> more on this by adding sizers, but I should probably work on more
> important items right now (exclusion constraint and other 9.0 new stuff).

I wonder if the time has come to redesign it to use a listbox full of
checkboxes/strings like some other programs do. Or replace the tabs
with a treeview-like page browser. Or a combination of the two, like
Visual Studio (iirc).

> To test my code, don't forget to update xrcDialogs.cpp. I don't do it to
> keep low the size of my patches.

I'm sure it's fine - please go ahead and commit if you're happy. I
don't have too many free cycles right now, and don't want to delay
your work.

Thanks!

--
Dave Page