Re: Foreign key to column on same table at table creation time

От Dave Page
Тема Re: Foreign key to column on same table at table creation time
Дата
Список pgadmin-support
2009/10/4 Thom Brown <thombrown@gmail.com>:
> I've noticed (at least in pgAdmin III v1.8.4) that I can't create a foreign key constraint pointing to the table I'm
inthe process of creating.  I can do it manually though.  Here's an example:
> CREATE TABLE testtable
> (
>   id serial NOT NULL,
>   parent_id integer,
>   CONSTRAINT pk_testtable_id PRIMARY KEY (id),
>   CONSTRAINT fk_testtable_parent_id FOREIGN KEY (parent_id)
>       REFERENCES testtable (id) MATCH SIMPLE
>       ON UPDATE NO ACTION ON DELETE NO ACTION
> )
> I could achieve this if I create the table then apply the foreign key, but it would be nice to be able to do this one
step. Is it possible to add this for a future release?

The code to implement it in the current dialogues would be quite messy
I expect. There is a TODO item which has had a little work put into it
already to replace the main table dialogue and the sub dialogues with
one 'uber' window - that project should make it easier to implement
something like this in the future.

--
Dave Page

От: Willy-Bas Loos
Сообщение: downloading booleans to CSV slow
От: Dave Page
Сообщение: Re: Per-function configuration parameters loss