Re: Sourceforge PG release

От Dave Page
Тема Re: Sourceforge PG release
Дата
Список pgsql-www
On Wed, Jul 8, 2009 at 1:02 AM, Marc G. Fournier<scrappy@hub.org> wrote:

> How does it 'dilute' the project?  Is anyone over there actively developing
> it?  Are there any files uploaded over there?  Forums active?
>
> From what I could see, it all just pointed over to us for all that, but I
> may have missed something ...

Hah - it gets worse!

This project: http://sourceforge.net/projects/pgsql/files/

Hosts downloads, has a 'Support' page that says:

----
Best Way To Get Help

Unfortunately, this project hasn't indicated the best way to get help.
Contact the project's administrators to find out how to get help.
----

and has a 'What's happening' section which mainly just shows Bruce
tweaking permissions, rather than any real project activity.

However, there is also this project:
http://sourceforge.net/projects/freshmeat_pgsql/, which does just have
a bunch of links back to us. I assume sf.net are auto-generating this
from freshmeat.

It's also worth noting as I think someone else did, that searching for
'postgresql' doesn't actually find these projects, at least nowhere in
the first dozen results pages. I had to search for 'pgsql' to track
them down.

--
Dave Page

В списке pgsql-www по дате отправления:

Сообщение: Re: [HACKERS] commitfest.postgresql.org
Сообщение: Re: [HACKERS] commitfest.postgresql.org