Re: pgAgent on Macbook

От Dave Page
Тема Re: pgAgent on Macbook
Дата
Список pgadmin-support
2009/6/4 Poonam Nijhawan <pnijhawan@greenplum.com>:
> Hi Support,
>
> I   have installed pgagent on my Macbok version 10.5.7. It's running on Postgres version 8.2.10.  I created the
schemaand I was able to see jobs node there.

> I have not started any daemon as I don't know how to do that.
>
> Could you please provide some instruction on how can I get the pgagent running on my MAC Book. Please let me know if
thereis a document that I need to follow.

We have no documentation on that as this problem is very OS specific.
I'd suggest Googling for information on creating a launch daemon,
which should work fine - an un-tested plist file might look like
(substitute the variables for real values):

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple Computer//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN"       "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">
<plist version="1.0">
</dict>
</plist>

> I understand that for Linux, there is a separate binary  pgAgent-3.0.0-Linux.tar.gz‎ (415 KB‎)

As there is for Mac:
http://wwwmaster.postgresql.org/download/mirrors-ftp/pgadmin3/release/pgagent/pgAgent-3.0.0-Darwin.tar.gz

> Do we have anything of this sort for MAC. pgagent worked fine on Windows which is a 32 bit operating system, how
aboutMAC since it is a 64 bit Operating System.

OS X on any Mac Book will be 32 bit iirc.

--
Dave Page