Re: generic options for explain

От Dave Page
Тема Re: generic options for explain
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Tue, May 26, 2009 at 8:15 AM, Peter Eisentraut <peter_e@gmx.net> wrote:

> I think we are going in the wrong direction.  No one has said that they want a
> machine-readable EXPLAIN format.  OK, there are historically about three
> people that want one, but they have already solved the problem of parsing the
> current format.

Pretty sure I've said I want one. And whilst it's true, we already
parse the current output in pgAdmin, it's a PITA whenever the format
changes. I also want a format in which Tom is not going to refuse to
include additional data (such as the schema a relation is in) because
it clutters the output. A machine readable format would seem to the
idea way to include all data we may need, without making
human-readable output an unreadable mess.

--
Dave Page

Сообщение: Re: generic options for explain
Сообщение: Re: generic options for explain