Re: Archives policy

От Dave Page
Тема Re: Archives policy
Дата
Re: Archives policy  ("Marc G. Fournier" <scrappy@hub.org>)
Список pgsql-www
On Thu, Apr 16, 2009 at 3:54 PM, Bruce Momjian <bruce@momjian.us> wrote:
> Tom Lane wrote:
>> Dave Page <dpage@pgadmin.org> writes:
>> > Can I get comments/objections/opinions on this draft policy please?
>> > http://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/Archives_Policy
>>
>> Hmm, the first section suggests that there are cases where we will
>> de-archive messages, and then the second lays out all the reasons
>> why we won't and why it's useless to ask.  So I'm still confused
>> what the policy is.  I would be happy with a policy that says
>> "The archives are graven on stone tablets.  Don't bother asking."
>> but if we are willing to editorialize in extreme cases then maybe
>> the second part needs to be modified.
>
> I didn't say it earlier but I agree with Tom that the text is much too
> verbose.

OK, well I've removed the bit about removing illegal/unwanted
material. FWIW, we *will* remove such unwanted content, otherwise we
could easily become an online archive for pr0n/warez etc. which will
certainly not do our reputation any good.

I've left the reasons why we won't remove/edit other messages as-is
for now. That's the main part I find myself explaining on a regular
basis so removing it defeats much of the purpose of the page. I'm
happy to hear suggestions for changes or improvements of course.

--
Dave Page