Re: A few questions about srings to be translated

От Dave Page
Тема Re: A few questions about srings to be translated
Дата
Список pgadmin-hackers
On Sun, Mar 8, 2009 at 9:32 PM, Giuseppe Sacco
<giuseppe@eppesuigoccas.homedns.org> wrote:
> Hi all,
> While updating the Italian translation, I collected a few questions
> related to the strings of pgadmin3 pot file:
>
> 1. what exactly are "blocks hit"? Is this a quantity of blocks requested
> by transactions and already in RAM?

Yes.

> 2. when a string contains an ampersand, it should be used in order to
> select the character to be used as shortcut (in a menu or other GUI
> element). This string is shown as "_Connetti" on the right click menu
> openend on che connections list. Why?

Thats a bug in some versions of wxWidgets. Upgrade to 2.8.9 and it
should go away.

> 3. I think the work "character" in this sentence should be replaced by
> "key":
>
> #: standard input:888 pgadmin/ui/frmOptions.xrc:46
> #: pgadmin/ui/frmOptions.xrc:48
> msgid "Use TAB character for autocompletion"
> msgstr "Usare il tasto TAB per il completamento automatico"

Character is correct. Key could (in theory) be wrong.

> 4. This word is translated differently, according to the gender, in
> order to select the right one, we have to specify a more complete frase.
> Is is possible to change a few places in order to specify something like
> "default language" or "default value" instead of just "default"?
>
> msgid "Default"
> msgstr "Predefinito"

I'll leave that one to Guillaume to decide. My concern is that in
English is would look very odd to have (for example):

User language [Default language]

instead of

User language [Default                ]

> 5. what's a "dead tuple"? It is presente in sentences like those:

A tuple that cannot be seen by any transactions.

> 6. Is this the maximum number of allowed simultaneous connections to the
> database?
>
> # standard input:1
> # standard input:1
> # standard
> #: pgadmin/schema/pgDatabase.cpp:464 pgadmin/schema/pgRole.cpp:266
> msgid "Connection limit"
> msgstr "Limite connessione"

Yes.

Regards, Dave.