Re: Password and Installation

От Dave Page
Тема Re: Password and Installation
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Fri, Nov 21, 2008 at 10:30 PM, Andrew Maeng <amaeng87@hotmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I recently uninstalled PostgreSQL, and now am attempting to reinstall it on
> a Windows Vista OS. However, I don't remember the password that was used to
> install PostgreSQL before, and am prompted with "The password specified was
> incorrect. Please enter the correct password for the postgres windows user
> account."
>
> I'm guessing that PostgreSQL wasn't fully uninstalled previously, and there
> are still some registry files or data files somewhere? Can my old password
> somehow be retrieved?

No - it's a Windows user account, so the password cannot be retrieved
any more than your Administrator password can.

I don't know what the equivalent on Vista is, but on XP, open the
Computer Management tool under Administrative Tools, and you can reset
the password under the users section.

--
Dave Page

Сообщение: Re: referring to a different database from a trigger
Сообщение: Re: referring to a different database from a trigger