Re: feature request: change case

От Dave Page
Тема Re: feature request: change case
Дата
Список pgadmin-support
On Wed, Oct 15, 2008 at 10:20 AM, Willy-Bas Loos <willybas@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> One thing that i'm missing in pgAdmin is a way to change the case of my
> code.
> When i type code that others are supposed to read, i use uppercase for the
> keywords (such as SELECT, FROM, CREATE, etc). Sometimes i'm sloppy and
> forget to do the case thing, or i had the caps-lock on and didn't notice
> right away.
> If i could change the case of my writing, i would not have to rewrite that
> bit of code .
> It's not a biggie, just convenience.
>
> If there is no capacity or priority to do this i would try to write the
> feature myself, but i would need some guiding. Does it work that way?

It does - and we're always happy to help new developers... but there
are a few new features in the SQL editor already for the next release,
including what you are looking for:

- Block indent text by selecting two or more lines and pressing the Tab key.
- Block outdent text that has been indented using the current tab
settings using Shift+Tab.
- Comment out SQL by selecting two or more lines and pressing the - key.
- Uncomment SQL by selecting two or more commented lines and pressing
the + key.
- Shift the selected text to upper case by pressing the ^ key.
- Shift the selected text to lower case by pressing the _ key.

Regards, Dave.

--
Dave Page