Re: 8.3 .4 + Vista + MingW + initdb = ACCESS_DENIED

От Dave Page
Тема Re: 8.3 .4 + Vista + MingW + initdb = ACCESS_DENIED
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Tue, Oct 14, 2008 at 9:43 AM, Charlie Savage <cfis@savagexi.com> wrote:
>> It's on my list to discuss it with Magnus when we meet in Italy
>> tomorrow. The simple fix is to back out the change that broke it,
>> which leaves us in our previous broken-but-less-severely state (which
>> is what we did for the binary packages).
>
> If you mean reverting the patch that Mangus mentioned, I tried that, and it
> did not solve the problem.  See:
>
> http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-hackers/2008-09/msg01517.php
>
> So I'm guessing it is something else.

You must be seeing an unrelated issue then - it's definitely that
change which caused us to start using the global namespace again, for
which it seems additional privileges may be required, and reverting
that change has fixed the issue on every failure machine I've seen.

It's also worth noting that that was the *only* change made to the
binary packages, and despite thousands of downloads we've seen no bug
reports that could be attributed to this.

>>> This is in *URGENT* need of a fix.
>>
>> I can't see us pushing a point release for this alone (I think I've
>> seen two reports of people running into the problem when building from
>> source themselves, and one was internal here in EDB), so the urgency
>> is simply to ensure it's fixed before we do produce our next release
>> imho.
>
> Well - building your own Postgres 8.3 on Windows using MingW appears broken.
>  Not sure how many people fall into that category, but its seems like a
> fairly major issue.

Very few people build their own Postgres on Windows, because it's not
exactly straightforward to do because of all the dependencies.

--
Dave Page

Сообщение: Re: 8.3 .4 + Vista + MingW + initdb = ACCESS_DENIED
Сообщение: Re: 8.3 .4 + Vista + MingW + initdb = ACCESS_DENIED