Re: 8.3 .4 + Vista + MingW + initdb = ACCESS_DENIED

От Dave Page
Тема Re: 8.3 .4 + Vista + MingW + initdb = ACCESS_DENIED
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Mon, Oct 13, 2008 at 10:38 PM, Andrew Dunstan <andrew@dunslane.net> wrote:

> I am getting this error on XP Pro. The buildfarm members run happily from
> the scheduler, but when run by hand from the command line they fail. This is
> true of both MinGW and MSVC.

It's on my list to discuss it with Magnus when we meet in Italy
tomorrow. The simple fix is to back out the change that broke it,
which leaves us in our previous broken-but-less-severely state (which
is what we did for the binary packages).

> This is in *URGENT* need of a fix.

I can't see us pushing a point release for this alone (I think I've
seen two reports of people running into the problem when building from
source themselves, and one was internal here in EDB), so the urgency
is simply to ensure it's fixed before we do produce our next release
imho.

--
Dave Page