Re: Download strategy

От Dave Page
Тема Re: Download strategy
Дата
Список pgsql-www
On Thu, Sep 18, 2008 at 2:21 PM, Joshua D. Drake <jd@commandprompt.com> wrote:

> I did offer a suggestion on this thread that I felt might make the great
> work you did even easier:
>
> http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-www/2008-09/msg00110.php

My own opinion is that that doesn't do much, other than complicate the
front page and lead to a whole bunch of small sub-pages. The reason
the complexity is currently on the sub pages is that the descriptions
are there as well, so the user can choose what they know they need
without having to click to read the description first. With your
proposed changes, they potentially need to click into a subpage before
they know whether or not it's the right option for them

> For the record I would agree that the current situation is a billion times
> better than what we had.

Thanks :-)

--
Dave Page