Re: Can't assign Group role permissions in 1.8.4

От Dave Page
Тема Re: Can't assign Group role permissions in 1.8.4
Дата
Список pgadmin-support
On Wed, Jun 11, 2008 at 12:31 PM, Obe, Regina <robe.dnd@cityofboston.gov> wrote:
> I just upgraded to 1.8.4 (I think I was running 1.8.2) and have an even
> older version running on the server (1.6.2).
>
> Today I went to a view to give permissions to some Group Roles.  The
> only option I get now is public.  I am running PostgreSQL 8.2.  Before I
> would see all the groups in the Priviledges tab of a view/table.
>
> I checked my old install and I can still give priviledges to any of my
> group roles.

If the group roles allow login, then as far as pgAdmin is concerned
they're actually login roles and will hide them by default. Other than
that, there's no obvious reason that you won't be able to see the
groups that I can think of.

> Also is there a reason why we never allow login roles in there when you
> can do it with standard alter table commands.  I tend to think its bad
> practice to do that anyway but on occasion for fairly small databases
> with very few users, I have had the need and didn't want to bother
> creating a group role to house these distinct users.

We don't 'never allow login roles in there', we hide them by default
to encourage good practice (as you recognise :-) ). To show the users,
select the 'Show users for Privileges' option in the options dialog.

--
Dave Page