Re: pgAdmin Crashes After Changing Timezone Setting

От Dave Page
Тема Re: pgAdmin Crashes After Changing Timezone Setting
Дата
Список pgadmin-support
On Mon, Mar 17, 2008 at 4:41 PM, Rommel the iCeMAn <icecrew@gmail.com> wrote:

>  I tried manually editing the postgresql.conf file in Notepad but when I
>  reload PostgreSQL it ignores the entry in the config file and defaults to
>  'Canada/Atlantic' time zone. I am using pgAdmin3 v1.8.2.99 and Postgresql
>  8.3.0. I am able to reproduce this error with PostgreSQL 8.3.0 running on
>  Windows XP SP2, Windows 2000 SP4 and Windows 2003 SP1. Am I doing something
>  incorrectly?

I've fixed the bug in pgAdmin for 1.8.3 (hint: edit the timezone
setting, not TimeZone).

Iirc, the timezone can only be changed with a full restart of
PostgreSQL, so you need to stop and start the service, not just tell
it to reload the config file.

--
Dave Page
EnterpriseDB UK Ltd: http://www.enterprisedb.com