Re: Bug - comment on column

От Dave Page
Тема Re: Bug - comment on column
Дата
Список pgadmin-support
On Thu, Mar 13, 2008 at 10:19 AM, Horvath Gabor <dueyduey@freemail.hu> wrote:
> pgAdminIII v1.8.2
>  Windows XP
>  PostgreSQL 8.2, linux
>
>  When I add a new column to a table by using the New Column dialog box
>  open by pressing the Add button on the Columns page of the Table
>  Properties dialog box and also type in comments, the COMMENT ON COLUMN
>  statement fails to be added to the generated SQL.
>  The COMMENT ON COLUMN statement is added OK when I use the New Column
>  dialog box from the Columns node in the Object Browser tree.

For various reasons it's not practical to make this work properly with
some significant redesign (which is actually planned for the next
major release anyway). I've already committed a fix for 1.8.3 to
prevent the comment being entered at time when it cannot be set.

--
Dave Page
EnterpriseDB UK Ltd: http://www.enterprisedb.com