Re: bug in pgadmin 1.8.2: missing entry in 'Data Type' list

От Dave Page
Тема Re: bug in pgadmin 1.8.2: missing entry in 'Data Type' list
Дата
Список pgadmin-support
On Feb 12, 2008 9:12 PM, Peter Gagarinov <heartofmars@gmail.com> wrote:

> 1)      create a simple table with two columns :
>
> create test_table(a integer, b integer);
>
> 2)      go to 'New Table.." menu, type in some table name,
>
> 3)      go to 'Columns' tab, type some column name, 'a' for instance and try to find type 'test_table' in the
drop-down'Data Type' list.

> You should see only test_table[], not test_table which doesn't seem correct.

I *think* the original intent was to not show table types at all,
which probably got broken when array types were re-jigged for 8.3 -
however, I don't see why we wouldn't want to see them as they are
perfectly valid to use.

The attached patch fixes this for me - can I get one or two of the
other hackers to test this and confirm that a) I got the logic right
in the change to the query and b) there is no good reason not to show
the table types (Magnus, Guillaume :-))?

Cheers, Dave

--
Dave Page
The Oracle-compatible database company