Re: Can't get the debugger going

От Dave Page
Тема Re: Can't get the debugger going
Дата
Список pgadmin-support
On Feb 4, 2008 4:13 PM, Raymond O'Donnell <rod@iol.ie> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> As the subject line says..... I've downloaded PG 8.3 (Win32) and
> included the pl/pgsql debugger in the installation options; I've also
> upgraded PgAdmin to 1.8.2. I checked that the debugger files were there,
> and they are - C:\Program Files\PostgreSQL\8.3\lib\plugins contains
> plugin_debugger.dll and plugin_profiler.dll; and I even added this
> folder to the PATH.
>
> However, Tools -> Debugging remains greyed out, and the "Debug" items
> which the help says ought to appear on the contect menu for functions
> isn't there.
>
> What am I missing?

Are you trying to debug a function that isn't written in pl/pgsql?
Also, make sure the debugger functions are loaded in the database you
wish to debug - if you've restored a dump into a database created form
template0, they might not be (there should be an sql script in the
server's share directory).

/D