Re: [NOVICE] Fwd: Process scheduling in postgres

От John R Pierce
Тема Re: [NOVICE] Fwd: Process scheduling in postgres
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On 4/25/2016 12:40 AM, raghu vineel wrote:

Yes, they query the same table. But all queries are select only. Postgres is 8.3 and OS is LINUX  2.6.32-431.el6.x86_64.
Also I could see that pg_locks.granted is true for the queries I have submitted and lock mode is AccessShareLock.

select * from pg_stat_activity when its in that state, and look at ...  oh wow, 8.3?  thats WAY out of support and obsolete.

anyways, pg_stat_activity is an internal table, and its fields have changed a few times over the releases, I don't have anything that old to look at, but there should be a field 'state' or 'status' or something that shows if the query is waiting, locked, or running.   pg_stat_activity has one row for each open connection.