Re: RHEL 7

От John R Pierce
Тема Re: RHEL 7
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On 7/8/2016 11:52 AM, Paul Tilles - NOAA Federal wrote:
> I am currently running Version 9.3.10 of postgres with RHEL 6.  I am
> going to upgrade my O/S soon to RHEL 7. Do I need to upgrade to
> version 9.4.x of postgres?

was 9.3 installed from the PGDG yum repository, or from the default RHEL
repository?

frankly, I would NOT do an in place upgrade of RHEL6 to RHEL7, I would
instead bring up a clean RHEL 7, and configure the services you need,
migrate your data to it.    using the PGDG yum repo, you can install any
supported postgres version you want on any supported OS, even sevveral
versions at once (necessary for major version upgrades).