Re: MVCC and index-only read

От Daniel Verite
Тема Re: MVCC and index-only read
Дата
Список pgsql-general
    Scott Marlowe wrote:

> >> They aren't borrowing anything, Oracle has had this functionality
> >> since at least Oracle 8i (1999).
> >
> > Whoa, calm down Francis.  I'm not suggesting they stole it or
> > something.    Just that they're using the same basic concepts.
>
> Oh, and citation needed.  I don't remember seeing anything about
> oracle using indexes as sole storage units back in 8i

They call that IOT, for Index Organized Tables, and they were
introduced with Oracle8 (1997). Check out
http://www.orafaq.com/wiki/Oracle_8

 Best regards,
--
 Daniel
 PostgreSQL-powered mail user agent and storage:

От: "Jonah H. Harris"
Сообщение: Re: MVCC and index-only read
От: "Jonah H. Harris"
Сообщение: Re: High Availability for PostgreSQL on Windows 2003.