Re: [HACKERS] Preliminary results for proposed new pgindent implementation

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: [HACKERS] Preliminary results for proposed new pgindent implementation
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> On Fri, Jun 16, 2017 at 10:51 AM, Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
>> So I'm back to the position that we ought to stick the indent
>> code under src/tools/ in our main repo.  Is anyone really
>> seriously against that?

> Is it under the same license as everything else?

Hm, now that you mention it, interesting point.  I was about to
answer that it's under the standard BSD license, but looking closer,
I see that these files still quote the old 4-clause BSD license text
(with the "advertising" clause).  We need to get them adjusted
to be 3-clause with no advertising.  Looking into a FreeBSD source
tree locally, I see that FreeBSD has removed the advertising clause
from all their files --- sometimes without even remembering to
renumber the old clause 4 to clause 3 ;-).  So Piotr needs to do
likewise to conform with FreeBSD policy.  Once he has, it'll be
identical text to the other BSD-origin files we have in our tree,
eg src/port/getopt.c.

Piotr: if you're unclear on the rationale for this, see the bottom of
https://www.freebsd.org/copyright/license.html