Re: CALL versus procedures with output-only arguments

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: CALL versus procedures with output-only arguments
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> Not sure I follow the "other datatypes" bit. Are you saying the spec
> won't let you have this?:

>     create procedure divide(x int, y int, OUT q int);
>     create procedure divide(x int, y int, OUT q float);

In fact it won't, because the spec's rule is simply "you can't have
two procedures with the same name and same number of parameters"
(where they count OUT parameters, I believe).  However the case
I was considering was wanting to have

    create procedure divide(x int, y int, OUT q int) ...
    create procedure divide(x numeric, y numeric, OUT q numeric) ...

which likewise falls foul of the spec's restriction, but which
IMO must be allowed in Postgres.