Re: Help to dump tables in a database and restore in another database

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Help to dump tables in a database and restore in another database
Дата
Список pgsql-novice
Intengu Technologies <sindile.bidla@gmail.com> writes:
> Running Windows7 with Postgresql 8.4
> I am trying to dump about 132 tables, this is my command:

> pg_dump --host localhost --port 5432 --username postgres -o -v -t
> 'myschema.*' dbname > mydump.sql

> This generates an error no matching tables were found, is the asterisk
> not a wild card meaning all tables found in the schema named myschema

Works for me.  You sure that the pg_dump is actually 8.4?  The -t switch
wasn't bright enough to understand wildcards before 8.2.

Another possibility is that the schema isn't really named myschema
(case sensitivity issues there).