Re: Passing a list of pairs to a PL/PGSQL function

От David Stanaway
Тема Re: Passing a list of pairs to a PL/PGSQL function
Дата
Список pgsql-sql
On Tuesday, January 22, 2002, at 12:47  PM, chester c young wrote:

> might be missing something here, but why don't you truncate the table,
> insert from the list, and you're done.

Thats what I do at the moment (But not in a function), however I am
burning through the oid's and itemproperty_itempropertyid_seq. Its not
really a big deal I know. I just thought that it would be better to
update existing records where possible.

Asuming I do make a function

edititemproperty(int,text[][])

What would be the best structure to pass in pairs of values for the
insert?

With text[][], I am not sure how to expand that into a set of pairs for
an INSERT INTO ... SELECT ...;

David Stanaway
Personal: david@stanaway.net
Work: david@netventures.com.au