Re: BUG #4958: Stats collector hung on WaitForMultipleObjectsEx while attempting to recv a datagram

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: BUG #4958: Stats collector hung on WaitForMultipleObjectsEx while attempting to recv a datagram
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
> Excerpts from Robert Haas's message of mar ago 21 14:54:28 -0400 2012:
>> (BTW, I think commit 9b63e9869ffaa4d6d3e8bf45086a765d8f310f1c contains
>> a thinko in one of the comments: shouldn't "a crock of the first
>> water" be "a crock of the first order"?)

> I was interested by that phrase when I saw the commit, and as usual when
> I see a phrase from Tom that looks like it might mean something
> interesting, I looked it up.  Apparently "of the first water" means "of
> the highest quality" or "of the most extreme kind":
> http://idioms.thefreedictionary.com/of+the+first+water

Yeah, that was intentional not a typo.  I think modern usage of this
phrase is largely confined to gemstones though, as in "diamond of the
first water".
http://www.phrases.org.uk/meanings/137550.html

Meanwhile, back at the ranch: I'm fine with applying that patch now that
it's had some field testing.