Re: new heapcheck contrib module

От Peter Eisentraut
Тема Re: new heapcheck contrib module
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 2020-05-11 19:21, Mark Dilger wrote:
> 1) A new module, pg_amcheck, which includes a command line client for checking a database or subset of a database.
Internallyit functions by querying the database for a list of tables which are appropriate given the command line
switches,and then calls amcheck's functions to validate each table and/or index.  The options for selecting/excluding
tablesand schemas is patterned on pg_dump, on the assumption that interface is already familiar to users.

Why is this useful over just using the extension's functions via psql?

I suppose you could make an argument for a command-line wrapper around
almost every admin-focused contrib module (pageinspect, pg_prewarm,
pgstattuple, ...), but that doesn't seem very sensible.

От: Tom Lane
Сообщение: Re: Our naming of wait events is a disaster.
От: Robert Haas
Сообщение: Re: Our naming of wait events is a disaster.