Re: Memory usage per session

От AMatveev@bitec.ru
Тема Re: Memory usage per session
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Hi

>I think the "problem" that he is having is fixable only by changing how PostgreSQL itself works.
>His problem is a PL/pgSQL function which is 11K lines in length.
>When invoked, this function is "compiled" into a large tokenized parse tree.
>This parse tree is only usable in the session which invoked the the function.
>Apparently this parse tree takes a lot of memory. And "n" concurrent users of this,
>highly used, function will therefore require "n" times as much memory because the parse tree is _not_ shareable.
>This is explained in:
>https://www.postgresql.org/docs/9.5/static/plpgsql-implementation.html#PLPGSQL-PLAN-CACHING

There   is   an   interesting   continuation   of  the  discussion  at
pgsql-hackers@postgresql.org  ([HACKERS]  One process per session lack
of sharing)

https://www.postgresql.org/message-id/flat/301417900.20160712173911%40bitec.ru#301417900.20160712173911@bitec.ru

От: Rick Widmer
Сообщение: Identify ldap connections in logfiles
От: Tim Smith
Сообщение: Merging timeseries in postgres