possible caracter encoding problems

От Antoine
Тема possible caracter encoding problems
Дата
Список pgsql-odbc
Hi,
We had the following problem - a row could be selected
with an optimistic lock,
my_recordset.Open my_query, myconnection, adOpenDynamic,
adLockOptimistic, adCmdText
We have set Use declare/fetch set. I can modify the values in the
recordset, however, when I attempt to my_recordset.update, I get the
message:
Query-based update failed because the row to update could not be found
(or something very similar).
I realised what was causing the problem, there was some porridge in a
varchar(14) column, which was being reported as being
len(my_recordset!my_column)=15 in VB6 (select char_length(my_column)
from my_table was returning 14)!
Setting it to null (via direct query) enabled my to update the field
in the normal manner after that.
I was asking myself whether there might be something to do with the
fact that I haven't specified an encoding (just used the default i
guess) though I couldn't immediately see how to do this - the db has
latin9 encoding... I couldn't see anything in mylog though...
Is this a bug or an error in our setup somewhere?
Cheers
Antoine

from psqlodbc_1348.log

DSN info: DSN='my_database',server='192.168.1.1',port='5432',dbase='my_database',user='my_user',passwd='xxxxx'
         onlyread='0',showoid='0',fakeoidindex='0',showsystable='0'
         conn_settings='',conn_encoding='OTHER'
         translation_dll='',translation_option=''

Cheers
Antoine

--
This is where I should put some witty comment.