Re: Orphaned relations after crash/sigkill during CREATE TABLE

От Jeremy Schneider
Тема Re: Orphaned relations after crash/sigkill during CREATE TABLE
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On 8/20/20 14:46, Tom Lane wrote:
> There might be value in a user-invokable tool that runs in an existing
> non-crashed database and looks for orphan files, but I'm not aware that
> anyone has written one.  (Race conditions against concurrent table
> creation would be a problem; but probably that can be finessed somehow,
> maybe by noting the file's creation time.)

Bertrand Drouvot just put out a tool to list potentially orphaned files
a couple months ago.

https://github.com/bdrouvot/pg_orphaned

Implemented as an extension, doesn't remove the files, but useful
nonetheless.

-Jeremy

--
http://about.me/jeremy_schneider