Re: 9.3-beta postgres-fdw COPY error

От Vibhor Kumar
Тема Re: 9.3-beta postgres-fdw COPY error
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Jun 21, 2013, at 1:39 PM, Lonni J Friedman <netllama@gmail.com> wrote:

> Greetings,
> I'm trying to test out the new postgres-fdw support in postgresql-9.3
> (beta) in preparation for an upgrade from 9.2 later this year.  So
> far, everything is working ok, however one problem I'm encountering is
> with the COPY command. When I run it against a foreign table (which is
> also in a 9.3 instance), it fails:
>
> COPY my_foreigntbl (id,testname) TO '/tmp/testlist_aid' (DELIMITER ',');
> ERROR:  cannot copy from foreign table "my_foreigntbl"

You would like to try something like:
COPY (SELECT id, testname FROM my_foreigntbl) TO  '/tmp/testlist_aid' (DELIMITER ',');

I am curious to know, why do you want to execute COPY command through fdw, why not run directly on server, which has
table?

Thanks & Regards,
Vibhor Kumar
EnterpriseDB Corporation