Re: pg.dropped

От Filip Rembiałkowski
Тема Re: pg.dropped
Дата
Re: pg.dropped  (Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us>)
Список pgsql-general

Full test case, reproduced in 8.4.2 on two different hosts

create table test (id serial primary key, t1 text, t2 text);
create function myhash(test) returns text as 'select md5($1::text)' language sql immutable;
create index myhash on test( myhash(test) );
alter table test add t3 text;
alter table test drop t3;
insert into test(t1,t2) select 'foo', 'bar';

PS. I realise that marking of CAST (rowtype as text) as immutable may be not safe.
But this behaviour is probably a bug anyway.

2010/1/7 Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us>
Filip Rembiałkowski <plk.zuber@gmail.com> writes:
> INSERT INTO thetable ( ... ) VALUES ( ... );
> ERROR:  table row type and query-specified row type do not match

If you want any help with this you need to show a *complete* example
of how to produce this failure.

Filip Rembiałkowski
JID,mailto:filip.rembialkowski@gmail.com
http://filip.rembialkowski.net/