Re: facing problem with createdb.

От Filip Rembiałkowski
Тема Re: facing problem with createdb.
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers

2009/6/29 Ms swati chande <swativc@yahoo.com>

Hi,

I built postgresql from source using Windows 2005.

After installation, I am trying to create a database using

createdb.

It then asks for a password. What password is it? There are now passwords set on my system. Also tried editing pg_hba.conf. But could not solve the problem.

How do I move ahead.

it's not clear what is wrong there, but try this:

1. Add this line to the beginning of your pg_hba.conf:
host all all 127.0.0.1/32 trust

2. restart postgresql server.

3. you should be able to connect without password.

Please post such basic questions to pgsql-general mailing list.

You should REALLY read some manual pages, especially these:
http://www.postgresql.org/docs/8.3/static/reference-client.html

good luck!

--
Filip Rembiałkowski