Re: need help for PostgreSQL consistency check mechanism

От Filip Rembiałkowski
Тема Re: need help for PostgreSQL consistency check mechanism
Дата
Список pgsql-general

2009/4/24 Joshua D. Drake <jd@commandprompt.com>
On Fri, 2009-04-24 at 10:04 -0400, Alvaro Herrera wrote:
> Chen, Dongdong (GE Healthcare) escribió:
> >
> > When the OS starts up, it wants to detect whether there is data loss
> > in PostgreSQL from last shutdown, is there a method provided?
>
> Why would the OS want to do that?

That doesn't make sense at all.

That is just a bad habit from MySQL world. People just don't understand that all possible recovery is handled by postgres itself.

OTOH, there could be some consistency check method... If postgres had block- or row-level checksums, this could do.
The best way I know is to do plain pg_dumpall. But this does not detect all data corruptions.

--
Filip Rembiałkowski
JID,mailto:filip.rembialkowski@gmail.com