Re: two or more pg installations running as the same user

От Filip Rembiałkowski
Тема Re: two or more pg installations running as the same user
Дата
Список pgsql-general

2008/11/25 Grzegorz Jaśkiewicz <gryzman@gmail.com>
hey folks,

I am thinking about testing enviroment here, and gotta setup temporary instalation of postgres for that. More than one, because software operates on few different connections, to different databases.
I know I can do it under same user, just by changing PGDATA/PGPORT before initdb gets to run. But will it be safe otherwise ?

yes, no problem with that. for me it was just:

initdb -D /tmp/data1
vim /tmp/data1/postgresql.conf +/port
pg_ctl start -D /tmp/data1

initdb -D /tmp/data2