Re: For index bloat: VACUUM ANALYZE vs REINDEX/CLUSTER

От Filip Rembiałkowski
Тема Re: For index bloat: VACUUM ANALYZE vs REINDEX/CLUSTER
Дата
Список pgsql-general
2007/9/18, Joshua D. Drake <jd@commandprompt.com>:

> If you overrun your max_fsm_pages then vacuum analyze IS NOT ENOUGH. If
> you do not overrun your max_fsm_pages, yes vacuum analyze can deal with
> the issue.

Are you sure? I have a situation where above is no true. postgres
version 8.1.8. while vacuum verbose says:

INFO:  free space map contains 2329221 pages in 490 relations
DETAIL:  A total of 2345744 page slots are in use (including overhead).
2345744 page slots are required to track all free space.
Current limits are:  10000000 page slots, 1000 relations, using 58698 KB.

... and we have constant problem with index bloat and need to REINDEX
frequently.

the database is very redundant and has quite hight data retention rate
(it's an ecommerce site)

--
Filip Rembiałkowski