Return cursor

От alla@sergey.com (Alla)
Тема Return cursor
Дата
Список pgsql-sql
I am porting our database from Oracle to PostgreSQL

I know quite a lot about Oracle and pretty much nothing about
PostgreSQL :-))

I have a lot of stored procedures in Oracle that return result sets or
cursor. All I have to do there is open a cursor and calling
application can just fetch it

Is there anyway to do the same thing in PostgreSQL?

Please, help. So far I could not find anything

Thanks a lot in advance for any help you can provide

                           Alla Gribov
                          alla@sergey.com
The greatest programming project of all took six days. On the seventh
day the programmer rested. We've been trying to debug the thing ever
since. Moral: design before you implement.